Rolo Mental Coaching (RMC)
Cristina Rolo, Ph.D., CMPC, and Dave de Haan, B.A. co-founded Rolo Mental Coaching (RMC) in 2005.
RMC is an international partnership focusing on performance enhancement and quality of life.
Cristina and Dave are internationally recognized experts in Performance Enhancement Psychology and specialists in Mental Coaching applied to elite and professional tennis. They have been pioneers in their field in several projects developed in Europe and the USA.
Cristina and Dave possess extensive knowledge and experience gained throughout the many years they have been working together implementing Performance Enhancement Psychology to foster success and well-being for diverse prestigious institutions and companies around the world.
Together, Dave and Cristina have developed educational resources, coached, and conducted certified mental training workshops for elite players, coaches, parents, and sport psychologists, in Portugal (PT), The Netherlands (NL), Romania, and the United States of America (USA).
RMC services are also requested to improve performance and well-being in other Sports arenas (equestrian, figure skating, gymnastics, golf, judo, soccer, volleyball, surf, bodyboard, etc.), Health, Performing arts, Education, as well as in Business.
Dave de Haan and Cristina Rolo have been pioneers, educating, implementing, developing and promoting their field of expertise. The innovation and excellence of their pioneer projects have been recognized internationally and both were recipients of several awards in diverse countries.
– RMC offers a unique combination of 2 experts (male and female), specialists in performance enhancement psychology with different professional backgrounds, personalities, and specialties, which complement each other’s work:
Specifically, Dave de Haan is a Psychologist, former professional Basketball player, and former businessman. Dave is a Performance Enhancement Psychologist specialist in high-performance tennis (ATP World Tour coach), as well as fear and aggression. Dave also has experience in leadership and business coaching.
Cristina Rolo is a Performance Enhancement Psychology specialist with a Sports Science background. Cristina is a former athlete, teacher and coach of several sports, who represented Portugal in several international events. Cristina specialized in performance enhancement, positive psychology, parenting, leadership, and executive coaching.
Cristina is a Certified Mental Performance Consultant (CMPC) by the prestigious international organization “Association for Applied Sport Psychology”. Cristina is currently the only professional in the Iberia peninsula certified by this international organization, and one of the few worldwide (outside North America).
– RMC focuses on clients’ performance enhancement and quality of life within a preventative and holistic perspective, considering the client as a human being who desires to foster their performance, well-being, and autonomy in diverse contexts (e.g., work, sports, family, society).
– Dave and Cristina are multilingual (Portuguese, English, Spanish, Dutch, German, and French) and are mobile, being able to service their clients where they reside, compete or work (e.g. pro tennis player, business owner), traveling with them when needed.
– Due to their frequent travel around the world, Dave and Cristina are aware of cultural differences and consider them when working within diverse cultures and ethnic groups.
– RMC welcomes interdisciplinary cooperation with other experts to deliver an integrated and coordinated expert service to individuals, teams, and institutions.
Together, Dave and Cristina bring a wide range of knowledge and experience. Their different backgrounds, personalities, and specialties offer the clients the possibility to choose the consultant (or consultants) that better suits their unique personal characteristics and needs.